Sunday, February 13, 2011

Journal: Feb 13th- Weekend

Today I woke up early again and decided to get things done. I originally planned on going to the YMCA to work out.. but that didn't happen because I had no bus fair...so I got my homework out of the way..then I cooked! This time I chose another recipe from Ateyya. It was a chili cheese casserole, made from ground beef. First while I was cooking the ground beef, I seasoned it with a mixture of salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Then I added chopped up onions.When it turned completely brown, I added the chili sauce, with beans, and cooked it down. Then I prepared a pan with a layer of tater tots at the bottom. Then I poured the chili mixture into the pan. I preheated the oven to 375 degrees. After I flattened it out, I added a layer of  shredded mozzarella cheese at the top and popped it in the oven for a little over 20 minutes. And here are the results!
The casserole.

The meal. I had some leftovers from the corn casserole i made last week, and it still tastes slammin
Then later on, to avoid adding any more pounds to my day, I had some mango and grapes. It was worth it. Light but satisfying. 


3 comments: